* In 2017, the New River Chapter of the MOAA will hold meetings on various days of select months as noted in the calendar posts.
* Regular meetings of the Chapter will be held each month from May through October, unless otherwise decided by the Board of Directors. A meeting notice will be electronically mailed to members at least 15 days in advance.
* The August meeting will be our annual summer picnic; the October meeting will be the annual membership meeting to elect officers and review the Chapter's by-laws; and the December meeting is our holiday social.
To see information regarding a specific month, click on the month in the index above, or enter a topic or month in the "Search here" box, to the right of the month tabs.
* The New River Chapter is taking a break after an active and entertaining program year...stay tuned and return to this page in late March, 2017 when our Program Chair will share a new flyer containing information on the dates and locations for chapter activities in 2017.
The North Carolina Council of Chapters statewide convention will be held at the historic Williamsbrg Lodge in Williamsburg, VA in September...follow this link for information on the all-inclusive four days of activities, cost and how to make a reservation to participate.
* The 2016 Chapter Holiday Party was held at the home of New River's Personal Affairs Chair and Surviving Spouse Representative Barbara Sears.
* Follow this link to see pictures of members who Joined the celebration.
* HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
* The New River Chapter,'s Holiday Social was held at the Club at Jefferson Landing on December 12, 2015. The revelry began at 4:00 PM and lasted until 7:00 PM.
* Thanks to everyone who turned out for the party, and MERRY CHRISTMAS.
* The Holiday Social was held on December 13th, 1 week earlier than our regularly scheduled meeting day in order to get a head start on winter weather.
* A total of 24 members attended and shared their favorite dishes at the party - some entrees as well as desserts. As in prior years, there were an abundance of "amazing potluck" offerings.
Click on the below link to the Photo Gallery to see pictures from the event.
Link: Click here: