* Our first regular meeting of the New River Chapter was held at the Coffee House on the Backstreet on Tuesday, March 18th.
* The members were treated to an interesting program wherein Joe Mullis, local weather forecaster explained his "methods" of predicting weather in Ashe County.
* Pictured right (top) is Joe and 1st VP and Program Chair Charles Knapp (bottom) who introduced Joe to our members.
* Open the thumbnail photographs to the right, however, and see what Ashe County was treated to on March 25th. Joe had promised us with "one bean" left in his jar that we could expect to receive another snow of at least 4" and HE WAS RIGHT!
* Thanks to everyone for coming out and participating in our first regular meeting for 2014. Stand by, however, and plan on joining with us on April 15th when representatives of the National Committee for the New River will come and share information on our chapter namesake! It should be the most important thing to happen on April 15!