* The annual New River Chapter Picnic was held on August 19, 2017 at the Picnic Pavilion atop the Mt. Jefferson State Park in West Jefferson, NC.
* Pictured (top right from left to right): Jim and Sharon Need, Cathy Ehrhardt, Mannon Eldreth, Frances and Don Goodhart, Doug Ehrhardt, Lynn Hayes, Debi Whittle, Ann Burge, Mark Whittle, Chuck Hayes, Betty Dunne, Bob Worley, Charles Knapp, Bobbie Worley, Jim Cain, Lou Burge, Dan Strickland, Jim Dunne, Karen Strickland and Paul Bashon. (Photo credit: Bob Davis, a guest of Don and Frances Goodhart used Doug's iPad to capture the group picture...thanks, Bob!)
* After opening the picnic with the Pledge of Allegiance, Charles Knapp offered grace and the 22 New River Chapter members and one guest enjoyed burgers and dogs provided by the chapter as well as a smorgasborg of side dishes and desserts provided by all...NO ONE left hungry!!
* Following the meal, President Lou Burge (lower right) offered some comments about our Chapter's receipt of a 4-Star Levels of Excellence award from MOAA, the calendar of events and remaining activities for the year, and then at the urging of Past President Doug Ehrhardt, Charles Knapp shared comments related to his on-going involvement with the film Hacksaw Ridge and post production activities about the continuing worldwide interest in Desmond Doss and his legacy.
* Open the thumbnail photographs to the right to see additional pictures of the picnic attendees. Thanks to Karen Strickland for some of the photos...