Subscribe to RSS
* RSS (Really Simple Syndication or Rich Site Summary) is an easy way for members to receive recently posted News and Events from the New River Chapter of MOAA.
* RSS is for people who regularly use the web and allows you to easily stay informed by retrieving the latest content from sites in which you are interested.
* You save time by not needing to visit each site individually.
Follow the link below to go to the News and Events page.
Click the "RSS" link - the little orange square to the left of the MOAA logo.
Choose "Subscribe" to have "New River MOAA" added to your Bookmarks Toolbar.
Whenever you log on to the Internet, right-click your New River MOAA bookmark and "Reload Live Bookmark" to see new posts on our web page(s)!
Click on any new individual posts and you will be hyperlinked to that site.
Link: Go to the News and Events page.
* One complaint that Veterans have voiced about the VA is their uncertainty as to where to begin in order to receive services and supports.
* VA’s myriad of services, resources, and materials can be daunting. Therefore, the VA listened and released a Welcome Kit to guide Veterans to the benefits and services that they have earned.
* The VA Welcome Kit is user-friendly and addresses eligibility and benefits in six areas:
- Health Care,
* Based on Veteran’s stage of life, Veterans can figure out how the VA can help in the present and future.
* Veterans can download a copy of the Welcome Kit for their convenience by clicking here.
May 25, 2015
* Presented here are a medley of service songs (music only, no pictures - Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Air Force and Navy) played by the Watauga Community Band at today's Memorial Day celebration at the Boone Mall hosted by the High Country Chapter, Military Officers Association of America. Thanks to all our Armed Forces Veterans - those in attendance, those not in attendance and those who've made the ultimate sacrifice to defend our nation...
* THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!
* According to U.S Dept of Veterans Affairs, the extended date for filing a Gulf War disability claim is now Dec. 31, 2016.
* Please visit www.military.com for more information. There is also a Gulf War Registry Health exam for Veterans so contact your local VA environmental Heath Coordinator about getting this exam.
Contact information for NC:
Charles George VA Medical Center
1100 Tunnel RD
Asheville, NC 28805
* W.G.(Bill) Hefner VA Medical Center
1601 Brenner Ave.
Salisbury, NC 28144
704-638-900 x 2576
On the Military.com site (below), search for Gulf war disability claims. Much more information related to Gulf War research can be found there and who may be eligible for compensation.
Link: Click here:
If not needed, leave it at home!
Watch the below YouTube video from the Tampa Bay, Florida ABC I-team Action News which contains important information to help protect veterans from fraud and identity theft.