March 17, 2015
* The first regular meeting of the New River Chapter featured Cathy Barr, Ashe County’s Director of Economic Development, who spoke about why the Work Force of Ashe County is considered one of North Carolina's Best Kept Secrets. It made us proud to hear how our people are leading the way with successful new industries, some of which are national industry leaders.
* This was the first regular meeting to be held at the Winner's Circle Restaurant in Jefferson, NC. The meeting time was also adjusted to 5:30 PM and allowed attendees the opportunity to have dinner from the many offerings on the dinner menu at the restaurant .
* The presentation began at 6:05 PM once everyone was served, and was also followed by a lively question and answer session for Mrs. Barr.
* Following the speaker, a Chapter meeting was held to inform the members in attendance of the business discussed at the Board of Directors meeting.
* The meeting adjourned at 8:05 PM.